Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Home again

Wow.. I've been busy lately. I'm back in Missouri working ever so diligently at my new vocation in the Air Force. Before joining I never really understood the value of discipline or the true meaning of it I think. My whole life is changing and I'm looking to start over. Sarah health is still up and down but our marriage has been transformed and renewed. It is strange how seemly horrible events in your life can have such brilliantly positive transformative outcomes. Basically we are starting over and making a new life. The only downside to working at the base is being away from my workstation and animation. My sketchbooks are always at hand but it just isn't the same.

I'm going to be pursing a masters here soon thanks to Uncle Sam. After four secondary education institutes (if I count tech school and I do) I wasn't sure if I would ever be able to go back again (i.e. loan debt) - now I can get my MFA because of my service. I've also been bitten by the teaching bug. After being a leader in tech school and a mentor in my video conference animation group, it just seems like the right thing to do.

No comments: