Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Time to get back on the horse

I've been getting so caught up in a cycle of work and crash that I haven't been focusing on the things that really make me satisfied. It is the whole rut of 'I've worked all day and I'm tired.. so I'm not going to do anything once I get home'. This is probably a luxury actually but it is proving to be unhealthy for me. Take writing this blog for example.. I haven't been doing it. And I get a lot of satisfaction from it. Sloth sucks. And daily sketching - I was climbing a ladder and fell down quite a few rungs. Here is one for today - photoshop was being a bit sketchy (pun intended) tonight. My brush kept deciding to not work and then affect layers I wasn't working on. Weirdness really. Animation & CG - more things that I want to get back into the swing of. I'm going to start slow and hopefully build momentum as I go.



On other notes,a family crisis is occurring with my sister and I can't get a hold of her on the phone. Sarah and I (hell - everyone I'm sure) did a lot of stupid rebellious things growing up and I'm sure that is what is going on, but it is scaring my folks. We love her and miss her - its tough to get perspective on things you can only see from one vantage. On the flip side, Talking to my brother now is like trying to draw blood from a rock. He is a genius and someone I really admire and love, but at the same time dealing with all the _joy_ of the family and being a teenager. Not fun so I understand.

Tonight I am going to exercise some. I need to get in better shape (which shouldn't be hard when I'm in poor shape right now.. any exercise should lead to better shape). Hmm.. hungry.. going to go make some food and do push-ups and squats.. while watching Transformers. The new formula shall be fun + geek + improvement = awesomeness.

Love ya people!

No comments: