Sunday, April 3, 2011

Goal progress

Charity & Volunteering

Yesterday I went out and helping to feed the homeless. People ate, got to laugh, talk, and smile in a safe environment, and everything went great. I also got to play with a cute baby. If playing with cute babies was part of all volunteer work I would definitely go out more. I do feel better about life, living, and everything so am going to look for more opportunities. I'm sure this will be a naive statement about the homeless and greater socioeconomic factors play in, but they seemed just like everyday people who had obstacles in their lives that just got the better of them. I talked to a man who was ex-Navy, was undergoing asbestos exposure treatment, and was a divorced after he got in a car accident. That is a rough ticket. Others had chemical dependencies and mental issues. Regardless, everyone wanted to have a meal and sit and talk.

Hydration

I'm going to drink this giant bottle of water today. The sticker said it was my recommended daily allowance of water.If you can't trust a giant water bottle sticker I don't know who to really trust in this world. I mean.. look at this bottle. It is silly big.








Art

I drew some really ugly drawings yesterday. Several pages of ugly drawings. My biggest drawing hurdle right now is character drawing. I never worry about drawing from life, but keeping vitality and life in designed characters isn't a skill that I've acquired yet in 2d. So right now I'm doing studies from the legendary Fred Moore and Hanna Barbara designs via John K Stuff's blog. When I start making some better drawings, I will be sure and post them.



Guitar

No progress. Waiting until I move before I start this new endeavor.

No comments: