Monday, April 21, 2008

Golfin

I played my first game of golf yesterday and man do I suck :). Golf is great though for the following reasons:

1. You get to drive around in go-carts. In a sport. How cool is that?
2. You get to swing clubs. Apart from baby seal hunting, how many sports have clubs? (Not straight sticks.. little f'ed up sticks!)

3. Although I haven't gotten to the advanced stage of the game, apparently drinking heavily is required as you advance in skill. The go-carts have coolers that fit 6-packs. Again...wow.
4. Like most sports, you wear funny outfits and use specialized equipment. In golf the specialized equipment sometimes looks like this:

5. You can play the game (and still suck at it) until your ancient. This is also very accepted.. so.. bonus.

Downsides:
1. Kinda pricey.. unless you happen to work and live at a golf course (hooray for me!)
2. Juggling ferrets is easier than this sport.
3. If I took the game more seriously (and I'm an extremist..I like stuff a lot when I like it), it is probably the most frustrating thing in existence.
4. I really suck at it.. the ball just doesn't want to go where you want it to and seems to be just as hard to find when it does fly in the right direction.

In the cg front:

I've started a walk.. go me.

In the cg hindering yet fun front:
I've started playing Dwarf Fortress. You must play.. it is.. hmm.. rad.

Peace out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's funny that you have started to play golf. I golfed when I was little with my grandfather. Geoff and I have decided to start golfing. I just have to get my clubs from my parents house.

Yeah for golf!