Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Not a post

This isn't really a post. I'm not posting because I haven't posted in awhile. And nothing has really happened since then so there really isn't a point to a new post. I really should be doing things that would let me make a great post. How annoying is that. Mostly I've been destroying digital soldiers in the evenings and in the days, making coffee, making contracts, and making arrangements. But I really should be making other things in my time away from work.

I have an idea: give me an assignment to work on. You're my friends and interesting people - surely you have an idea that would be fun to make and animate. I want to build a set and props.. make characters and animate scenes. I'm in creative deadlock. I think of ideas.. like..hmm.. two guys..and.. one of them chops the other down with an ax. Creative? Not so much.. fun to animate? Possibly. Am I excited about it enough to take the laborious amount of time to animate it? Nope. Animation takes a great deal of time. And passion. I seem to have less passion after a long day of work... because.. you know.. I've worked all day and then the animation seems like more work. Instead of creation, fun, and art. I'm in a bit of a rut - I don't want to vent and bum anyone out. Good thing I'm not posting anything.

2 comments:

Red said...

I can completely relate to what you're talking about as far as working all day long and then coming home and its like you have to make a decision to make art, which is more work, or to relax. I think what I'm trying to do is change my perspective of thinking that art is work. Recently, I have been doing a lot of flower oil pictures alongside my EoD workload. I get pumped up with my flowers and then take that energy and channel it into EoD. It's been working. I also don't stop myself from creating. If I get a tinge to create, I don't care where it is, I start to create! Even if it is at work! =P I still want to do that project with you, so maybe we can talk about that! But if you're in the mood to animate, perhaps you should do Dirty Clarence. In a 28 Days later setting. Oh snippy snap.

Anonymous said...

I can feel your funk. At least someone else is in a funk with me. Maybe we'll come out of it soon.