Monday, March 31, 2008

Beautiful Boy



This is my new buddy Dade. He is just about the best thing since the interweb. Not only does he delight at being burritoed up in swaddling, but he makes cooing noises when you play rocket-ship pilot with him on your lap (knee bouncing + finger hand holds + rocket noises). Just look at him. He is a beautiful animal.. a destroyer of worlds.. a paradox of power and babyness. I really want to bring a potential playmate or arranged marriage partner into the world for him.

So I visited my wonderful friends Clint and Cassie this weekend. They are frickin amazing (I also saw Amy - she is great too!). When I watch them, I see things that I want to bring to my relationship.. or just more of it. It is so nice to be around a couple like that. My parents are like that. They still kiss loudly before going to sleep (almost to ad nauseam); it is things like that that make me love them all the more. I'm being sappy, but by golly, baby Dade makes me feel sappy.

On a side note - Cassie's family really knows how to stab people in their souls. It is a neat talent.

Enough on all that.

Strange news from the work front: today I had lunch (which was great.. people brought chili and other good foodstuffs to eat) and we had a belly dancer perform. Never in my life have I been privileged to free chili and belly dancing at my job before. How 'bout that.

Wow.. I have time..to do things..that I enjoy. How to spend the time? Lets start with web-comics and go from there.. Life is good today.

No comments: