Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Sheets of rain

So no drawings last night or tonight.. bleh.

Last night I got home and passed out in bed.. later I woke up disoriented and with fever. This morning.. oh so groggy and not feeling well. Now I'm fine. So I missed my post and sketch last night.. I'm sure under daily sketch law, there are caveats for illness.

Tonight I had a date night with Sarah. When went to the delightful stereotype of an Italian villa that is the Olive Garden. I had the minestrone soup... it is pretty much what I like there. Olive Garden in Branson is not like other Olive Gardens. For one thing, people can smoke in the restaurant. I told the greeter 'First Available'.. in Texas that means 'Patio or Interior'. Here is means.. 'choking or breathing'. Dumb dumb dumb.

The last time we went to the Garden, we sat in breathing. Our waiter was Johnny Monday. He was born on a week where it rained black and his mother beat him because he was ugly until he was nine. After working as a shoeshine boy with a burlap bag on his head for 4 years. Like the ugly duckling, he caught his reflection and saw that he had transformed into a good looking person. He thought to himself - I wonder if I can do that professionally? This led him to Branson where he now works as a performer slash model. Olive Garden is just for marketing in the off season. Johnny Monday bothers me because what I really need at Olive Garden is a waiter. You know.. someone to fill my drink, bring my food, and get my order right. Thats about it. Johnny, your calling is outside of the Olive Garden.. go out and live your dreams.. or work on becoming a better waiter.

Enough ranting (wait.. if I stop that, I have no blog).

Ranting resumed.

I'm starting a new project with KNRPG Productions. Art for a game in production called Unity Underground. I'm psyched about it.. I love projects. They channel my creative energy. They are the flux capacitor for my art. I'm going to start posting work in progress paintings on their steps to completion. I should have something up tomorrow. If not for Unity then some sketch.. hell. Now I feel guilty for not posting anything. I don't want to just throw up a scribble like I did the other day though... and I need sleep to have a productive day. Operation semi-daily sketch go!!

No comments: